On Anzac Day, Isabella had her friend Alexandra over for a play and we decided to do some cooking. Being Anzac Day, we thought it would be fun to make Anzac Biscuits. They are extremely simple and quick to make so its a great recipe for “helping kids”. It’s also a great recipe for people with egg and dairy allergies, as long as the margarine is milk free. (We use Becel).
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 – 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g MILK FREE margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160 C
- Mix dry ingredients together (oats, flour, sugar and coconut)
- Melt syrup and margarine together
- Mix Bi-carb with boiling water and add to melted margarine and syrup
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well
- Place tablespoonfuls of mixture on tray lined with Glad Bake, leaving space between blobs for spreading
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (should be golden brown on top)
- Hot biscuits will be very soft. Place them onto cooling tray. They will harden as they cool
Makes about 35.
Do you have a child with food allergies?
Please add your data to the Food Allergy Survey