- 1 Tablespoon Soy Flour
- 1/2 litre Water
- 25 g dairy-free Margarine (I use Becel)
- 3 Tablesponns uncooked brown rice
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Sultanas
- 1 drop Vanilla Extract (or a few drops Vanilla Essence)
- Powdered nutmeg to sprinkle
- Pre-heat oven to 140C
- In a saucepan, mix the Soy flour with a little water until smooth
- Add the rest of the Water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add margarine and stir until melted.
- Put the rice and sugar into an ovenproof dish and pour the Soy flour mixture over the top.
- Add the Sultanas and Vanilla then stir well.
- Sprinkle Nutmeg over the top and bake for 2.5 hours
- If it appears to get a bit dry during cooking – add a little hot water.