YUM! And low fat!!! This one is great (thanks Michelle) 🙂
- 1kg carrots sliced (can use sweet potato and or pumkin as part or total replacement for carrots)
- 1.5 cups diced onions
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Massel Chicken stock powder
- 1.5 litres of water
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- (can add 1 teaspoon of fish sauce – though we left it out so Bella could eat the soup)
- 1 x 375ml can evaporated light milk
- 1 x teaspoon imitation coconut essence
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Spray soup pot/saucepan with cooking spray (or a little oil if you don’t have spray) and saute carrots, onions and curry paste for about 3 minutes. Add the other ingredients, EXCEPT milk and coconut essence.
Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 45 mins. Add the milk and coconut essence and bring back to boil. Puree soup and add pepper to taste. Serve.
This is great with crusty bread, or naan.